Benjamin “Bibi” Netanyahu was born October 21 1949 in Tel Aviv, to Tzila Segal ( August 28 1912 – January 31, 2000) and Prof. Benzion Netanyahu (1910–2012)
Between 1956 and 1958, and again from 1963 to 1967, his family lived in the United States in Cheltenham Township, Pennsylvania,* a suburb of Philadelphia, where he attended and graduated from Cheltenham High School and was active in a debate club.
Bibi, then a cross-dresser, worked for a time for the Bonwit-Teller department store in Philadelphia. The Bonwit-Teller store has been located at 17th and Chestnut streets in Philadelphia. Bibi, using the name Esther Nitai, modeled women’s undergarments for this firm in 1965.
He speaks fluent English, with a noticeable Philadelphia accent.
Netanyahu returned to the United States in late 1972 to study architecture at the Massachusetts Institute of Technology eventually completed an S.B. degree in architecture
At MIT, Netanyahu graduated near the top of his class, and was recruited as a management consultant for the Boston Consulting Group in Boston, Massachusetts, working at the company between 1976 and 1978.
In 1975 he earned an S.M.degree from the MIT Sloan School of Management in 1977. Concurrently, he studied political science at Harvard University.
At that time he officially changed his name to Benjamin Ben Nitai (Nitai, a reference to both Mount Nitai and to the eponymous Jewish sage Nittai of Arbela, was a pen name often used by his father for articles.)
Miriam Weizmann (1972–1978)
Fleur Cates (1981–1984)
Sara Ben-Artzi (1991–present)
*Cheltenham Township is a home rule municipality bordering North Philadelphia in Montgomery County, Pennsylvania, United States.
Transcription of telephone conversation on August 3, 2006
Israeli Embassy, Washington D.C. Telephone Number (202) 364-5582.
unidentified individual at AIPAC, Washington D.C., Telephone Number (202) 639-5201
Commenced 1821 hrs, concluded 1826 hrs.
Speaker A: Reuven Azar – Counselor for Political Affairs, Embassy of Israel
Speaker B: Unidentified individual located at AIPAC headquarters
- Well, things are going as well as expected, better perhaps than expected. There is military progress there (Lebanon) and we have wonderful cooperation here.
- For sure, but don’t forget the dangers in having too much cooperation. All right for this moment but in the long run, this can certainly backfire on us. You know, we are seen as being too much influential with the Bush people.
- I wouldn’t worry too much about that. The media is certainly not to worry about and most Americans really do not care about things there (Lebanon) The main point is that by the time the U.S. makes itself felt at the UN, we will have accomplished our goals and established the buffer we need.
- Absolutely but…there is still the future to think about.
- Who cares? Once we establish the buffer, the rest is just shit. It will all be hidden soon in the coming press reports of Arab ‘attacks’ on the U.S. This is for the voting in November. You know, ‘many Arab groups will for sure attack American targets.’ They (the U.S. Government) will choose so-called target areas where they need the most support. We don’t need to worry about Miami, Skokie or Beverly Hills after all. (Laughter) and this is a little crude but the public here is terribly stupid and the warning color days worked before, didn’t they?
- Yes, but there are second thoughts on all of that. If you go to the well too often, there are problems. People lose interest.
- The British are being such swine about this, aren’t they? They are causing trouble about the bombs these days.
- Just a few troublemakers. The press here does not cover that and who reads the foreign media? Most Americans can’t read anyway. But there is danger that the U.N. might be motivated to move a peace keeping force into Lebanon and this might negate our purposes. Hesbollah must be utterly wiped out and Syria must be made to realize…with force if necessary…that it cannot supply the terrorists with more Iranian rockets. Maybe an accidental airstrike on Syrian military units could say to them to mind their own business. We have done this before.
- It is too bad that we cannot teach Tehran a lesson. The ultimate goal would be to have America attack Iran but I am afraid the American military is dead set against this…
- They are all Jew-haters up there.
- For sure but we know that Americans can bomb the shit out of Tehran and hopefully kill off a number of the militants, probably disrupt their atomic program and teach all of the area that the U.S. means business. We support them, they support us. But they cannot send in ground troops and if we did that, our losses would not be borne at home. As it is, there are the usual malcontents bleating about the Lebanon business.
- They are just afraid they will get a rocket on their house and there are the same ones here. The Lieberman business is not that good, after all. Yes, of course he is a liberal Democrat but his support of us is too obvious. He could be a little critical too. We see the Bush people doing this, just to keep the people quiet. Yes, they say, see, we too are actually critical of Israel….
- But not too critical, right?
- No, never that. Too many pictures of dead jerks for example. We need to see more pictures of grieving Israelis, mourning lost sons and children. Can’t we get more of those? Fuck the Arabs.
- I feel sorry for the American media. Their instincts are to defend dead Arab children…
- But nits make lice, don’t they? Who mourns dead Israeli children?
- I’m sure there would be more on this but not enough children are dead.
- Not yet, anyway. But if they rocket Tel Aviv…
- Well, then, for sure.
- We should have pictures all ready if that happens. Do you think it will?
- Tehran directs that part of the business. We don’t have as much inside gen on them there…
- The fucking Russians are on their side.
- We have always had trouble with those Slavic pricks. First weapons…
- The Chinese assholes also do this, don’t forget.
- No one around here will forget that, be assured. The time will come when we get them too. Say we cut off their oil from the Gulf? What then? They will dance to our tunes then, not Tehran’s.
- If we had oil…
- But we do not. The filthy Putin has the oil. They should get rid of him while they are at it. Our people almost had it but he forced them out.
- They can always come back. The people here would really support this. We put our people back in after we get rid of Putin and then a guaranteed flow of oil to America.
- And Russia is off the chessboard too.
- They all want that badly here, too. Cheney is the strongest supporter of cutting the nuts off of Russia. The military here are against fishing in troubled waters.
- They can’t be replaced, Bush can’t sack them all.
- Set an example. Sack a few more of the assholes and the rest will shut up. They always do. So, send me your latest list and I’ll see what I can do here.
A .Send someone to pick it up. The mail here is awful. It will take a week if some black doesn’t steal it, throw it away or wipe his ass with it.
- Tomorrow for sure.
- And one other matter. We feel very strongly that if the current people get kicked out in November, as it looks like they might, we owe them to help them stay right where they are. It has taken a long time and much money to get all the ducks lined up and we don’t want to have to start in again. We can generally rely on sympathy from the Democrats but they will not support any more military ventures over there. That’s for sure.
- Then what do you suggest?
- The terrorism card works wonders. We were going to release a statement that Arabs were going to attack an El Al plane on takeoff, with rockets….
- Probably leftovers from the CIA businesses in Afghanistan.
- Let’s not get into that now. But this scare would only affect flights to Israel and we don’t think it would have any impact on the election.
- Well then, why not have these attacks aimed at American aircraft? Where would they attack from?
- Say at the perimeter fence lines at airports. Or better still, why not a plan cooked up to smuggle explosives on board transatlantic flights to or from America? Something clever that will catch the public imagination….
- That stupid bomb in the shoe routine?
- Don’t knock it. It worked, didn’t it? We can always find some suckers with a bent to this we can fill up with real enthusiasm and then turn them in, complete with plans. They actually believe they are going to paradise and fuck virgins and we have another propaganda coup. Let’s give this some effort. You know, a terrified public will not want to change horses in mid stream. So far, the Rove people have a good line: If you’re against the Republicans, you’re encouraging the evil terrorists sthick.
- Well, they did that with the alert warnings and it worked…more or less.
- Face it, they aren’t too bright here. They ran it into the ground, had to fire Ridge and Ashcroft, one of our very best friends ever, and put those things on ice. They need to discover a huge plot but in America. You know, as you said, infiltrate a group of crazies, plant things on them, call the FBI…
- Oh, they do that themselves. That business in Florida was pathetic…
- But it worked, didn’t it?
- For about ten minutes at six o’clock for about three days.
- Well, think about it and get back to me.
- What’s the situation with your two people? Are they going to be tried or not?
- Probably not, as far as the Bush people are concerned. But it is up to the courts and we are very careful not to fuck with them. They are expected to have the charges thrown out soon…
- Well, I’ll pray for them. I have to go now so I’ll get back to you later. Don’t forget to send someone for the list